This recipe was one of the first more complex combinations I offered Simona. It’s a great option to introduce egg yolk, which can be quite the textural surprise for new solid eaters. I hope your baby foodies enjoy it!
1 medium organic red potato
1 medium squash
½ egg yolk
1 tsp olive oil
- Boil one medium to large egg (10 min) – make sure the yolk is thoroughly cooked, it should not be runny in any way. When cooked, take out ½ of the yolk and set aside.
- Chop potato and squash to medium pieces
- In a medium saucepan, add 1-2 cups water, potato and squash and boil until cooked (10-15 min)
- Drain water and puree or mash well with a fork
- Add egg yolk and olive oil, mix well
- If too dry, add some breast milk or formula until you reach desired consistency