This recipe is a great option when you’re short on time (or hands), especially if you have prepped veggies ready to go. I had cauliflower, carrots and broccoli chopped and frozen, so all I had to do was thaw and drain them very well. In addition, you can make tots out of most vegetables – next on my list is sweet potato and zucchini. I recommend prepping as much as possible on the weekend or when you have more people around to help (husband, grandparent, friend, etc.) as it saves much time and stress when you have short amount of time to plan and cook. This is also a great way for babies to practice self-feeding so enjoy!
1 cauliflower head, washed and cleaned
1 broccoli head, washed and cleaned
4 carrots, washed and peeled
¼ cup plain breadcrumbs (look for breadcrumbs with no or limited salt in them)
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp salt
½ tsp curry powder
- Preheat oven to 400 F/ 200 C. Line cookie sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a food processor, chop cauliflower, broccoli and carrots. Transfer chopped vegetables to a large mixing bowl. Note: if you are using previously chopped vegetables, thaw them and make sure you drain as much water as possible from them.
- In a small bowl, whisk egg lightly and add to vegetables.
- Add breadcrumbs, olive oil, salt and curry powder to the vegetable mix
- Combine well – I use my hands so I can make sure everything is mixed in nicely and the seasoning has been incorporated equally.
- Take a small amount of veggie mix and form into any shape you would like. I formed mine in a traditional tot shape but they can be formed into balls or even bigger patties.
- Place on the cookie sheet and bake 20 minutes or until nicely browned.